Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I've only gone an bought a TAL..

Sorry to be a noob, how do I delete a thread?

Exciting times though, hopefully clear skies soon..

Remove the other one!

Nevertheless well done on your TAL, you wont be dissappointed it is a wonderful scope!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone!

Quick question, should researched this before buying equitment. I've got a NEQ6 on the way - the dovetail. I assume this doesn't come with the scope or mount? If not what dovetail would be good for this love TAL?

Thanks again,

Reader

Hi Reader

Congratulations on your new scope! The TAL100RS is a really nice telescope, with an excellent objective and for an f10 achromat its pretty well colour-corrected. Its also robust and durable with a good focusser and finderscope too. Plus it looks like a "proper" telescope (ducks to avoid incoming from the 'flector fans and the SCT-gang :grin:)! Something about that long white tube that makes it look a real classic.

The TAL should be happy with a standard vixen or skywatcher style dovetail - it comes with tube rings but no dovetail, unfortunately.

Hi Reader

Congratulations on your new scope! The TAL100RS is a really nice telescope, with an excellent objective and for an f10 achromat its pretty well colour-corrected. Its also robust and durable with a good focusser and finderscope too. Plus it looks like a "proper" telescope (ducks to avoid incoming from the 'flector fans and the SCT-gang :grin:)! Something about that long white tube that makes it look a real classic.

The TAL should be happy with a standard vixen or skywatcher style dovetail - it comes with tube rings but no dovetail, unfortunately.

Fantastic :)

I'm coming from a 8 inch dob, so it's going to be intersting..interesing indeed!

Would this be ok for a dovetail?

I'm coming from a 8 inch dob, so it's going to be intersting..interesing indeed!

I think both telescopes compliment each other very well. One thing that struck me is that I've always liked the diffraction spikes with my 200P dob until I viewed Jupiter through my TAL. After that I found the spikes to be quite distracting! The other thing I like is the difference in focal length which means I can see all of the Pleiades in my 24mm EP through the TAL, it's a bit too tight through the dob.

Just waiting for pay day and I'm planning on getting a SkyTee 2, which gives me the option of getting a 100RS to match my 100R :)

I think both telescopes compliment each other very well. One thing that struck me is that I've always liked the diffraction spikes with my 200P dob until I viewed Jupiter through my TAL. After that I found the spikes to be quite distracting! The other thing I like is the difference in focal length which means I can see all of the Pleiades in my 24mm EP through the TAL, it's a bit too tight through the dob.

Just waiting for pay day and I'm planning on getting a SkyTee 2, which gives me the option of getting a 100RS to match my 100R :)

How long have you had your 100R twotter?

How long have you had your 100R twotter?

It was my Christmas present :) An eBay bargain, but with work and manflu I've just had a few sessions with it and I'm looking forwards to many more. I think the previous owner had it since new (since 2000) and the whole setup (mount, tripod, accessories all in a great big wooden box) has clearly been well looked after.

It was my Christmas present :) An eBay bargain, but with work and manflu I've just had a few sessions with it and I'm looking forwards to many more. I think the previous owner had it since new (since 2000) and the whole setup (mount, tripod, accessories all in a great big wooden box) has clearly been well looked after.

Man flu hurts :(

That's really cool to find something like that on eBay!

Let's hope for clear skies.

Archived