Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LeoTrio LRGB 2013-02-07

fwm891

Busy night last night. Another offerring: an LRGB 7x300s (L), 6x300s each (RGB) channels. Equipment as in sig. The individual channel subs were stacked in AA5 with some processing in AA5. Then combined as LRGB in PS.

post-14748-0-36670300-1360236565_thumb.j

Have more lumin and Ha data on another HD which I will bring into this image at some stage.

Thanks Tom, I have to admit that I find 'colour content' of DSO's difficult. I don't like over saturated colour probably because most of the objects that are bright enough to exhibit colour do so in a muted kind of way - if that makes sense?

Colour data was binned 2x2 and the Lumin subs all 1x1. so the colour data was rescaled to match the lumin subs which probably degraded it further.

As for dust - I suspect its more to do with my processing :rolleyes:

With colour I do not bin anymore. I found I got weird pink and purple colour stars. I try to take a bit more RGB than Lum. So maybe 4 hours Lum matched with 6 RGB. Something like that. I think you need to anyway to balance out the noise. Colour will get noisey quickly in processing so might as well get more of it than the Lum.

T.

Thanks Gina & andyo, Last effort on this, played with Gradient Xterminator and reduced the background unevenness, tweaked the saturation and levels - image looks best reversed as there are loads of faint background galaxy's, some are visible in the normal view.

post-14748-0-43685900-1360406040_thumb.j post-14748-0-19874800-1360406051_thumb.j

Archived