Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

12 volt power supply distributer

libraryman

Hi i am looking for a 12 volt supply distributer ( if thats the right term) see attached!

has anyone seen anything like this that i can buy or will i have to make somthing.

i have a good 12 volt supply; i want to take several outputs from it but i only want to use one cigerette plug from the supply then use 2.1mm power plugs from that.

It will only supply about 3 amp in total, mount, small computer fan, and possibly a USB hub.

Ray

post-1155-0-24813400-1359981879_thumb.jp

Plastic box (enclosure) from ebay and a few hours soldering I made this and I know sod all about electrics and you can get all the bits and bobs freom ebay as well
hi Star nut... Where did you get the DVM display ?

Hi

I use gold plated phono sockets mounted in a little box with a single cigarette style plug on the end.

The phono plugs and sockets are much more robust than the usual jack plugs and less prone to accidentally coming loose. These are used on many of the dew heater straps so should be OK.

HTH

Paul

post-11951-135998625896_thumb.jpg

Hi Ray

The dew heaters are usually more than 1amp, so should not be a problem. They are actually audio connectors so not rated for current.

I use tinned copper wire to join up the connectors then soldered the joints.

Not sure it matters but I make the centre positive an the outer negative.

HtH

Paul

Archived