NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rosette RGB a start......

badgers

Finally clear skies! First time in weeks....

I want to try and catch the Rosette this season and managed to get out to darker skies on the outskirts of Cambridge.

I've managed my first batch of colour, I hope to get another session like this and then 4 hours of H-alpha to finish it off.

This is 45 minutes R,G and B for 2 hours 15 minutes total, binned 1x1.

I'm not sure which treatment to go with here, I think the first I've pushed too far and the 2nd I might not have pushed enough.

Hopefully my colours are reasonable so far, any comments appreciated.

As always, the little Altair worked a charm and seems a great match for the Atik 460.

8440164969_bd067a8749_c.jpg

8440592039_903ab4a8b2_c.jpg

Thanks,

Anton

Nicely done Anton,

Not sure why you need Ha for the first image.

Mark

Thanks, I guess I've seen a lot of Ha-RGB treatments of this and the H-alpha might give me smaller stars.

I'm gobsmacked with the difference that a 20 minute drive out of town gets me. A colleague at work has allowed me to use the stables at his farm and I'm a happy man.

Thanks,

Anton

Anton, that's a cracking good Rosette - you have that Altair 80/Atik 460 combo singing & dancing. Since we have (hopefully) a week or so of low Moon & Moonless nights coming up now, I'd go for a lot of Luminence to add to the RGB, then as/when the Moon pops up later on, I'd collect the H-alpha and see what this adds - will be fantastic when completed.

Archived