NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A quick PixInsight fix question

swag72

My PixInsight is running terribly slow for some reason - I've done a factory reset via the start menu, but that's not changed anything. I seem to remember there is something else that can be done involving the 'return' button or something that seems to reset everything.

Can anyone tell me what it is? I've searched through pages of threads, but can't find what I'm after.

My PixInsight is running terribly slow for some reason - I've done a factory reset via the start menu, but that's not changed anything. I seem to remember there is something else that can be done involving the 'return' button or something that seems to reset everything.

Can anyone tell me what it is? I've searched through pages of threads, but can't find what I'm after.

Which version are you using Sara? Have you tried 1.8 it runs much quicker for me.

Thanks Kev, I did install the latest modules I believe. Three or maybe four, the ones that are suggested on startup?

Then things went funny. It's possible, almost likely, that I asked it to perform someting it can't do, but the result was a few different warnings and the current image window cleared and shrunk to about a fifth of it's size vertically with multiple top menu frames flashing back and forth until I exited the program.

I know I chuck some bad data at it though :grin: !

/Jesper

Well I've uninstalled and just downloading the new version. It was taking me over 1 minute to open the file > open menu, so anything else would have been dire. I hope it works better. THat was the button press John!! Thanks - Shame I've uninstalled it now!!!

Archived