NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

W/C 28th January

swamp thing

Hi All

Well, we had a brief gap in the clouds last night :) but the moon kinda butted its oar in somewhat :( nice to see everyone (with all the new shiny kit :grin: )

I've got clear night on Wednesday on my weather app, shan't be holding my breath though. This week isn't gonna be that good with the moon being as intrusive as it is. But lack of clear skies is kinda meaning, just grab what ya can.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, it was a good night last night despite the moon. Great to catch up and give a few goodies their first outing :)

Not sure I can make Wednesday due to work but will give it a crack if its clear - it may just be limited to a light polluted back garden though.

Can you tell me the name of your moon app please Steve?

I admit it, I have shamelessly pimped my frac, if I spend more time admiring it than M42 please feel free to take the proverbial P :grin:

Wednesday is out for me thanks to work, but should be good for Thursday. The not-to-be-trusted MET forecast for Thurs is clear skies too.

Nice! As was windy & got 8am meeting in london, decided to use time to have a play with 'new' AZ EQ6 in garden - was really pleased finally got to align properly and was v accurate - then clouds rolled in which quickly killed off any excitement! Got a quick view at Jupiter, starfish cluster, orion neb, also couple others - that's when GOTO really comes into play :grin:

Nice Grab n Go Lee, no need for a chair when viewing around the zenith either :grin:

Any plans on bringing the new AZ EQ6 up to RC Jamie? we all want a nosy.

Driving back from work earlier could see the clouds had rolled in again, looked clear around 7.30 too. Hopefully we'll get some decent conditions tomo.

Archived