eyepieces

i would wait and try out the scope and the eyepieces supplied initially flash.

most will advise against whole e/p kits,and recomend buying a few individual e/ps to suit your observing. but you need to know what sort of magnifications you need and f.o.v ect first.

so id not worry to much for now.

Hi flashbennett,

I used a skywatcher 130p for a while and found the eyepiece that got the most use (even after buying the Celestron eyepiece kit) was the supplied 10mm as it seemed to give the best overall views, coupled with the supplied barlow it also gave good views of Jupiter and Saturn)

I would suggest a nice widefield eyepiece to compliment the scope well, I found a 32mm does the job nicely without a huge outlay.

ofc everyone will have their own favourites and advice but for me the 10mm skywatcher that came with the mount and the 32mm plossl in te eyepiece kit got the most use for a long long time, the other bonus was they are nice large lenses to look through not like some measly pinhole that you have to squint over for long periods!

I got the 7 mm celestron x el Lx , seems a good eyepiece however I haven't been able to test it properly with the weather, the one time I did try it if. Was windy and the Jupiter looked like it was underwater with turbulence ? Should they only be used in better conditions because of the much sharper picture and that they pick up on atmosphere more ?

Hi again, what it is I'm getting a skywatcher 130p in next couple of weeks and want to buy accessory kit for it.

Thanks for your info.

if I'm understanding your question you are intending to buy a set of EP's with Filters such as the Revelation set for example?

I wouldn't spend money on such a set as you'll quickly find you use only a couple of EP's.

follow the advice aleady given re the particular brands of EP's earlier in the thread.

I cant find the great read spot tho, what times will it rotate and appear ?

The applet linked to by this website gives the times that the GRS will cross the central meridian (centre) of the planet:

http://www.skyandtel...html?page=1&c=y

On eyepieces, it depends on the scope you are using, but the brands mentioned above are all pretty good. I'd avoid a set as some of the items won't be useful to you so the value for money drops. Have a go with the scope before buying, then you will have some experience to help you decide.

Archived