Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope delivery outside the UK?

Have you tried FLO the site in the banner at the top of the page?

They have been good to me with orders outside UK.

I guess it all depends on where but yeah Teleskop service or even astroshop.eu will ship EU wide.

I've had stuff delivered from FLO, Greenwitch and TS to Spain - All with no problems, although postage is a little expensive compared to UK. All the companies have used couriers, so the goods are trackable from the off. It's fun to watch your goodies winding their way around Europe. A scope from FLO once took an interesting journey via Istanbul for a couple of days enroute from UK to Spain.

Interestingly enough, I've e-mailed FLO today and Martin told me they do not ship telescopes outside the UK. Bit of a shame, as I was confirming stock to place an order based on their reputation alone.

Ah well...

That is a pity, I ordered my PST from them and it wasn't a problem. I know it's not the same as a big scope but I wonder how far that policy goes.

Could I still get a PST from them or a mount?

What about one of those Maplins power tanks?

If it's for warranty reasons then why doesn't the same apply to other retailers?

I have no idea, but his words were, and I quote "I'm afraid we are unable to ship telescopes outside of the UK", so you may be in luck with other items.

I was looking at a mount and a small refractor.

I live in Spain and use Teleskop Service whenever I can. Prices are competitive and carriage way cheaper than the ripoff merchants in the UK charge. And Maplins are one of the worst offenders in that respect - they wanted a whopping 18UKP to send a small relay weighing about an ounce!!

Someone mentioned power tanks - I bought a car starter type tank identical to one that Maplins carry for €32 in my local Carrefour.

Well, this is pretty useful information as I'm about to order my second telescope. I do buy a lot of other (non-astronomy related) stuff from abroad, quite often from the UK - mostly things I can't easily get over here, or which are way overpriced - I'll check with Teleskop Service

Archived