Turn Left at Orion - diagrams

I am thinking about buying this book for use at my telescope (Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT). Are the diagrams of the eyepiece view flipped in any way? If so, how? I know that reflectors and cassegrains flip the image differently, so I wonder how the book copes with this?

I bought a 2nd hand one off of Amazon. If your anything like me with books, i like them to be kept PERFECT. Something that is difficult when taking it out into freezing tempartures so didnt bother paying for a new one lol.

The main thing i use TLAO for is seeing what im actually looking for. Like fuzzy blobs etc, clusters - what kinda shape etc

If you find the pictures are indeed not to an orientation of your liking just go to: http://www.cambridge...tures/turnleft/

You can download alternative views from here, such as binocular or with a diagonal etc

Spec Chum,

Many thanks for the link !! Is it possible to just print out the charts?? I have been experimenting but it seems that it will only print the whole page - including the background info / links etc.

I wasn't aware of this site but I am sure it will fulfil a real need.

Print Screen?

Paste into art package, cut and paste into new image?

Cheers

Bingevader thanks for the suggestion - I was hoping for a simple "one shot" solution. Shortly after posting I found a contact section on their website and

I have now sent an equirey off to them - lets hope they have an answer. If not then it is the cut and paste route!!

Cheers

Robin

Archived