Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

the moon 22/10/07

gary1968

Howdy,

Here is my first attempt at Lunar imaging this Autum, I have not used the camera since the lunar eclipse in March. The camera used was an Orion SSSSI 2 with a 130 SLT, this camera has a much bigger chip than my Neximage camera and as such lends itself better to Lunar work.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/6813702

It was a stack of 120/250 frames and processed in Celestron Neximage Registax................

Comments welcome.......

Gary A

I agree the image looks really nice. The focus looks good and the exposure spot on.

I'd play around and try to make the seas a little darker (I like dark seas) - but apart from that it's a cracker.

Even with the larger image (after clicking on the thumbnail) I cannot read the typed information!

Ant

Thanks for the + comments guys......... :smiley:

re The image size, if you click the thumbnail theimage up iszes, click the up sized image to enlarge to full size. This must be a photobox setting as I get get the pics to up size completely in 1 click.

I have also added an further processed image with darker seas...............

Gary

Thanks for the + comments guys......... :evil:

re The image size, if you click the thumbnail theimage up iszes, click the up sized image to enlarge to full size. This must be a photobox setting as I get get the pics to up size completely in 1 click.

I have also added an further processed image with darker seas...............

Gary

Hi Gary,

Was good to share a beer with you at Kielder, I still have dreams of that Kashmiri Lamb :smiley:

Nice images, lovely tight focus, I think the darker seas look better too.

When I click on the thumbs I get 400 x 320 pixel images and it won't let me click again to get a bigger one, is this the largest size?

Cheers,

Ian

Good to hear from you Ian, I too still drean of that meal. I have recomended that pub a few times now to people. I have also started trying to get info for the spring Kielder event, gonna take the caravan and stay for the weekend, anyway, up sizing seems to be a problem, so I have posted them on Stargazers now, hope that this lets you get to full size..................The 1st is the original and th e2nd is the pic with improved darkness in the lunar seas. By the way, the image sizes are 1280 x 1084.

1979_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

1978_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Gary A

Archived