Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which T ring for Sony cybershot DSC-H3

Hi- First Post!

I tried understanding various posts to find out which T ring I needed for my Sony Cybershot DSC - H3 camera to connect to Sky watcher 6inch Dob, and went for the Sony Aplha T Ring, however it doesn't seem to fit! It connects to telescope ok, but it appears to be too big for the camera.

Any suggestions on what I need to do, or what T ring I need to get instead?

Thanks

I'm confused - does the lens come off your camera? You would need to remove the camera lens and replace it with the telescope (the telescope becomes the camera lens)by means of the T ring. But from a quick google, i do not think your camera has a detachable lens?

By the way, welcome to the forum!

Another point is that a dob is not a good platform for imaging, especially not a manually driven dob. To take long exposures you need to track the sky with an equatorial mount, while to image planets you need to be able to track the planets at long focal lengths.

If you are thinking of imaging galazies and nebulae with your telescope, you should also note it is photographically slow (F8) which is a problem for imaging - you want to get the spedd under f6 or better.

Your scope is however an excellent visual instrument, that will give you wonderful views of planets and many deep sky objects.

Thanks everyone for your information, I may have to get a refund then, the lens doesn't unattach, but it does have a thread on it, which I assumed would attach a T ring ( it attaches another adaptor that came with the camera)

I have taken some photos of the moon with it,holding it up to the lens of the telescope, but was hoping it would be easier with the T ring attachment.

Just going to try and work out how to attach some photos now for this site.

Archived