NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A quick Orion nebula

Andyfx

My views to the south and east are a bit obscured, and although it was a cold night, I still wanted to finally get a few subs on Orion. I set up and everything went to plan, guiding was ok, new Synscan 3.32 firmware ok, only problem was that Orion barely made it over my roof top! Anyways, I managed some 30 second and 2 minute subs, and this is the result:

post-11563-0-11071400-1358418311_thumb.p

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's excellent result Andyfx for so little time!

All screens are different in calibration I reckon, and on my screen the image has a little blue tint to it. I tried to balance it out - in lack of any data of my own to work with - and I hope you don't mind me having some fun with your image!

See what you think about this tweak :smiley:

/Jesper

post-16323-0-09068900-1358422653_thumb.p

That's excellent result Andyfx for so little time!

All screens are different in calibration I reckon, and on my screen the image has a little blue tint to it. I tried to balance it out - in lack of any data of my own to work with - and I hope you don't mind me having some fun with your image!

See what you think about this tweak :smiley:

/Jesper

post-16323-0-09068900-1358422653_thumb.p

Just checked my original image and yep I blundered! You was completely right and there was too much blue, as I had forgotten to check levels before saving lol.

Here's my final image:

post-11563-0-28348600-1358426653_thumb.p

@Jessun. Nooooooooooooooooo better run HLVG then lol! Too true about the final image thing, it's final for now.... until I get more data :grin:

@Catweazel. Thanks mate, come out much better than expected, must of been the unusually cold and clear night.

@Jessun. Nooooooooooooooooo better run HLVG then lol!

Haha, I tried that on your green rendition but it ate away too much and messed up the running man. I think levels and curves are suitable weapons of choice :smiley: .

/Jesper

Cheers mate, I have that program on my home PC and have had a little play, I think it's a little bit of me not knowing what I'm actually doing and also not sure what to expect it to actually do. Also I haven't had more that 8-10 actual images to stack as I've just got started and been a bit overexcited abut taking pics so have been flitting from Andromeda to Orion and all over the sky! :p Next time out, I shall just pic one subject and image it for the night!!

Archived