Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can anyone tell me.

alan potts

A while back I had a problem with my HEQ5 Pro, many told me the answer and it was difficult to believe, but they were all correct, thanks.

Can anyone tell me what the, what appear to be snap a plastic collars around all cables, there is one on the power supply cable which looks as if it will come off without much help. I would like to replace this cable as it is the cause of many of the problems ( I believe ). I need to know if a same but better quality cable will work without this plastic collar.

The two handsets I have also have a collar but it not the same, the cables on these just pass through whereas on the power lead it is wrapped around it.

Alan.

Thanks Peter,

I am sure by trying it the mount will still work. I have a new lead that I can try out if I don't have any problems, fine, if I do I can put the other one on the new lead.

I have no intention of re,oveing the ones on the handsets.

Thank you,

Alan.

You may find that these are quite important.

The main reason for ferrite beads on cabling is to stop high-frequency electrical 'spikes' that can be caused by nearby equipment switching on or off from being present on the input to your equipment. All cables can ( and do ) act as aerials and will pick up stray electrical noise. Ferrite chokes are simply small inductors which 'flatten' the spike removing the high-frequency element. Without them the 'spike' could damage the equipment you are feeding the signal into.

You will see them in many applications ( in particular USB and Power leads for PCs ).

Having said that, there are a lot of maybes here and a lot of the time they are just fitted as a precaution, but they are there for a reason.

Hope this helps.............

Astro,

There is nothing electronic apart from a light switch any where near my gear but I take your point on board and will just move the one on the old cable to the new. Compared to the UK I live in the middle of the Moors which has it's good points but it has a few not so good points.

Alan.

Archived