Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bristol Cameras- recomendations

I used them to buy some dovetails. They notified me when they had located them and when they shipped them. Seemed pretty good to me. I suspect that the dovetails may not actually have been in stock but they got them and shipped them very quickly. I think I used them some years ago on other bits and pieces as well without any problems.

You can of course use paypal on ebay too.

John

I've bought a few bits and pieces from them -- step-down rings for camera lenses and suchlike, nothing particularly expensive. They seemed to be fine to me and managed to do things right when I phoned to add something to the order after I'd placed it online.

James

FLO are usually the cheapest out there but even when they aren't their customer service is worth paying a few extra pennies for, I wish they would stock TV eyepieces and apply their pricing strategy to them.

they do make other sites seem very overpriced.

I've used Bristol Cameras a few times for photography, being a local lad, it's a great place to pop into and ask about stuff. The staff are great, it's a really old fashioned type of place, but their main focus is on photographic stuff. The premises they run from is relatively small, so I suspect that if you order from them they'll get it from the supplier for you. Shouldn't be a problem, photo stuff normally takes a couple of days to arrive in the shop.

So all I can say, is that if you were local, go for it! But you might want to google them first as their online service might not be as good. Sorry but I can't seem to be able to post a link here, but there's a thread on 'flisk.co.uk' on why you might want to avoid them.... http://www.flish.co.uk/2001/08/avoid-bristol-cameras hope this helps

I've used Ace Cameras in Bristol (if that's the same outfit) and always had great service - they're just a tad dear on p&p - their main astro chap is John who is very helpful and informative. I usually pay by card over the phone though - I don't use the website except for window shopping.

FLO I also have no hesitation recommending - their prices usually include p&p unless stated otherwise - so do factor that in when comparing prices :)

Archived