NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Berlebach Tripod

kirkster501

Anyone got any opinions regarding this please?

http://www.firstligh...ood-tripod.html

it looks nice and with a good head (recommendations?) could be just the job for my 15x70's......

Thoughts welcomed.

EDIT: A few threads mention the legs splaying out on ceramic floors.

My dad wants a wooden tripod with a head for his 15x70 hes going to buy for use in conservatory, birding and for light astro work. So doing soem research into it. Thoughts welcomed

Rgds, Steve

Steve

I nearly bought one of these last year but sold the bins I was going to put on them. I reckon they're good, specially for that price.

They have their own eu. website with a huge selection, worth having a look.

Can recommend a wooden tripod.......dampens down MUCH quicker than steel......not as cold to handle either.

Cheers

I've got a set of these pads myself and the base is hard plastic and would not grip on any shiny surface. They work best on decking and the like.

It probably would be better if they were made with a spongy/grippy base......you could always glue one on I suppose.

Steve

I looked long and hard at that tripod when I bought the Apollos, but unfortunately it would have put me way over budget by the time I added a head. I ended up going for the Horizon 8115 and as it turns out its a pretty decent piece of kit considering the price!

I have a pair of these from FLO, also got one of the much bigger astro telescope mounts

For the price I don't think you can go wrong, certainly less vibration than my old £200 carbon fibre tripod, its a basic nicely made lightweight wood tripod with simple screw locks ie no unnecessary fiddly things

Not sure how the legs splay, there is a twist lock on each leg and without breaking them it seems sturdy enough when pulled apart by hand, not sure what weight causes the legs to splay but I guess quite heavy

did the thread correspondents ensure the legs were locked? do you have a link?

no worried kirkster, didn't find the amazon review but a quick google found a fairly positive review

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/berlebach-mulda-report-8023-wooden-tripod-review-16255 note mine came in green and it didn't have the hook on the centre column

I don't find it heavy (in comparison to the 20lb big one or even my old out of favour manfrotto carbon fibre), mind you I don't carry tripods around anymore, I prefer a manfrotto monopod if I have to use something

The Berlebach seems a good deal for the price FLO are currently selling at. As has already been said wooden legs are much better at damping out vibrations than steel or similar. I use the wooden TAL legs on my AZ4 mount and the difference is remarkable. For the 15 x 70's the Berlebach is a good choice.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Archived