Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which adapters to use EFW2 + 314L+ on SW 0.85x FR/FF on ED80

Gina

I have a SW Evostar 80 ED Pro scope and Atik EFW2 + 314L+. Now I would like to add in the SW focal reducer between scope and filter wheel. I'm sure others have done this so could someone please tell me which adapter(s) I need to get the right spacing between FR and camera?

Thanks.

Hi Gina,

this was discussed recently.

http://stargazerslou...w2-oag-spacing/

Hope that helps.

I read that thread but it doesn't cover my case (unless I've missed something). I don't want an OAG - I use a guide scope (ST80 + QHY5 + PHD). I want to use the Skywatcher ED80 focal reducer. ATM I use the Atik 314L+ camera and EFW2 filter wheel with the 2" adapter directly on the ED80. So far so good - it works well but I want to increase the field of view by using the focal reducer. So I want to connect the camera side of the FR to the scope side of the filter wheel.

Currently I use the FR with a Canon DSLR using the Canon variety of adapter on the FR. Now I want to use my recently acquired Atik imaging system with the FR. I've seen posts where people have done this but, as yet, not the nitty-gritty of the connecting adapters. I thought this must be quite simple so I'm asking here.

I hope that makes things clearer :)

Sorry to jump in and hijack this thread but I have the efw2 OAG and 314l+ tried it all out last night with my sw ed80 and with the 2 inch nose piece directly in the focuser tube I had to use the t spacer that came with the ed80 between the camera and the filter wheel to achieve focus is this right as I thought the efw2 and atik cameras were designed to directly connected to the efw2 any ideas if this is right or am I doing something wrong :)

Archived