Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which remote/timer for Cannon DSLR DSO imaging?

My 150pds & HEQ5 are on the way, I plan to start DSO imaging with a 1100D (unguided for now).

Money is tight, can anyone recommend a decent remote/timer - or is it feasible to use the camera timer (I think it has one :grin:)?

thanks

Can you not use Backyard EOS http://www.backyardeos.com/ with it? It makes life a lot simpler (and cheaper)

Forgive my ignorance (I've not heard of it before) how does this make life simpler? powering and using a laptop in the damp/dark in order to set a timer - does this really provide a great advantage over a pocket size £13 remote?

cheers

Forgive my ignorance (I've not heard of it before) how does this make life simpler? powering and using a laptop in the damp/dark in order to set a timer - does this really provide a great advantage over a pocket size £13 remote?

cheers

i use the Canon provided s/w to do timed/multiple exposures. I did get a remote but found the laptop useful for focusing and target acquisition. I also have a 30' USB cable so that I can take the photos from indoors.

i use the Canon provided s/w to do timed/multiple exposures. I did get a remote but found the laptop useful for focusing and target acquisition. I also have a 30' USB cable so that I can take the photos from indoors.

that's another good point I forgot! Taking pics in the warm.

Archived