Skywatcher 220p or 150PL

Which skywatcher 200p or 150pl  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which skywatcher 200P or 150PL

• 200P
    • 150PL

I have come across two similar telescopes I like the look of, first being Skywatcher 200P the second being skywatcher 150PL:

Now my question is, is there going to be a noticeable difference in DSO between these two scopes. Is the extra cost of the Skywatcher 200P justified in your own opinion?

And here's a review of the 200p on an EQ5 mount: http://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/review/telescopes/sky-watcher-explorer-200p-eq5 for completeness :)

I'm a little puzzled by your 'dobsonian is quite bulky' comment though, as they are probably the neater mount over an EQ mount all in all...

200p has larger aperature, which is all the better for DSO's, so I think you're not going to get many responses for the 150 if cost is not an option for you.

I am heading to my local shop this weekend so I will re-think the dobsonian when I get there. Else it looks like the 200P.

Just for clarity, the '200p' comes as the Skyliner 200p, and the Explorer 200p. These are virtually identical, except the Skyliner is 1200mm focal length, and the Explorer is 1000mm focal length (making the Explorer slightly 'faster').

The Skyliner is usually matched with a Dobsonian mount, and the Explorer with an Equatorial mount.

Above all, enjoy your shopping ;)

Archived