NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My 4" Lyra f/11

Mike73

I've had my Lyra since just after Christmas but didnt have a mount so Lukesuppalot of this forum kindly lent me his CG5 so my little Lyra got its first light on Jupiter earlier in the week and that was enough to put a big grin on my face! :grin:

The idea for this scope is to have something just to use from home for planets, solar and lunar sketching so I decided on a EQ5 mount which also has the DK-3 motors which are a copy of the Vixen motors.

The mount arrived today, just about to add/check the polarscope and I'm good to go!! Oh and also placed an order for the upgraded alt bolts. :)

All thats needed now is clear skies!

post-20821-0-18959400-1357311551_thumb.j

Excellent, still want to run a head to head with a Lyra against the Tal 100rs

Or even Lyra vs Tal 100rs vs 16" masked to 100mm?

I think Qualia's plan of a SGL/'Frac fraternity' star party in Spain is a good one myself, oh and he also mentioned something about Mojitos? :grin:

Or even Lyra vs Tal 100rs vs 16" masked to 100mm?

I think Qualia's plan of a SGL/'Frac fraternity' star party in Spain is a good one myself, oh and he also mentioned something about Mojitos? :grin:

That would be nice, every one crash at Qualia`s place for a few days, for a Spanish star party, but its a long way to go and im always broke!

That would be nice, every one crash at Qualia`s place for a few days, for a Spanish star party, but its a long way to go and im always broke!

My place is a little bigger than a cage, but I reckon we could always work something out :grin: . Never know what can happen where there's the will. The only snag I can foresee is you guys travelling with the instruments. Today is the 38th day of unbroken, cloudless, bright blue skies and the evenings have been equally as exceptional :evil: (just to rub it in a little). Jupiter has been spectacular as with the Sun and the Moon. Couldn't resist an early start yesterday around 5am alarm clock calling. Saturn blew my socks off and I even caught the faint ghost cloud hint of M65 and M66 from the City with this little 4"!

Christmas 2013, Spain, might be a nice way to spend the holidays :cool:

Archived