Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

new binoculars

one on its way as we speak and a tripod adapter

I'm a big strong guy and i have a pair of 20x90 bins but i cant hold them steady for more than 20 seconds. I use a Horizon 8115 tripod to mount them. I tried a pair of 15x70 bins in a shop and decided that even for me they needed to be mounted on a tripod.

I love binocular astronomy because they are easy to set up and the wide view you get with both eyes.

I'm sure you will be made up.

I have invested in some slightly smaller 10x50 bins that are arriving in a few hours, bought them because I wanted some that didn't need a tripod so I could use them generally as well. Maybe when I have the cash i'll grab some more professional, larger ones too!

Happy Birthday Dean and congrats on the new bins! I have a new 15x70 binocular and the same tripod Paul uses incoming. I plan to use them mostly on the monopod but thought it would be nice to have the option of mounting them also.

Happy birthday Dean, great choice in binocular size, I think 15x70 is the perfect size for astronomy. I wont say anything about tripods for bins as I have never owned one. I tend to lay back in a deckchair and find this reasonably comfy.......for about half an hour anyway before switching to 10x50's once I start to feel the pump in my arms.

Archived