Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Oh my my Celestron 15x70 gamble really didnt pay off - at all

Astro_noob

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With binos, I would always look through the pair I am going to buy before I lay down any money. Three simple tests in the store and you are done. Round prism test, light beam through front lenses and finally looking through them at something near where you are buying.

A+ advice in the post above. As I've said before, the best way to rate any bins is stick them up to your head and have a good look through.

I have some Revelation 15x70s, which are basically the same as the Celestron ones, and they're excellent.

A+ advice in the post above. As I've said before, the best way to rate any bins is stick them up to your head and have a good look through.

I have some Revelation 15x70s, which are basically the same as the Celestron ones, and they're excellent.

Hi,

I read somewhere that these Binos are all made by the same factory in China, the cheap price is achieved partly through a very loose QC procedure relying mainly on the end user to detect the faults and ask for replacement or exchange, this works out cheaper in the long run and does not slow the production line. There are apparently some differences between the Binos partly to do with different coatings and some superiority in batch production which may explain why some brands are a little more expensive or perform slightly better than the other brands.

A.G

Yes, I've read the same sort of thing too. All the more reason to actually try out the bins yourself - until you actually look through the things you really can't be too sure. If you do get bins which work well, they are an exceptional bargain - 15x70s for £58 from Telescope House is incredibly cheap. Astronomy has never been so affordable.

Archived