NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M45 & M42 with ED80 Pro M42 alt colour added

shifter

What a superb night it was last night, not too cold or damp and the sky turned crystal clear at around 3am, thats not to say it wasn't good earlier but it was as if someone had pulled aside a net curtain around 3 ish. So the first item on the evening's list was M45, I've been wanting to get the nebulosity associated with this object for a long time and it worked nicely this morning. Item 2 was M42 again but this time a wider field shot.... I am so proud of this image everything went right (for a change) and the new neodimium filter did its job excellently. **Just added a reworked m42, I managed to get some more of the neb.** :D

.....Brian.....

1850_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

1851_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

1853_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

You managed of produce a couple of excellent images Brian. I like the widefield view of M42.

It was a clear night for me last night with good seeing - I don't have your stamina though I packed in at midnight!

Well done - hope we get a few more nights like last night.

8)

MD

Hi Brian

The M42 is a beauty. Nice to see a wider field of view than usual. M45 is a lovely object and I was looking at it last night and could see the nebulosity visually. It was a gorgeous night in the West of Scotland, but too cold to stay up until 3am.

Cheers, Martin

Archived