Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

spc900 lx modded images

bottletopburly

Hi, Here's an image i did back in 2010 when I first started imaging DSO's.

This was my first guided image, I used a webcam/finderscope for guiding and the Skywatcher 250mm OTA with the LX modded SPC900 . Looking at those stars now, my guiding wasn't that successful and I found the main problem with my setup was image scale at F1200mm . I really needed to do M51 in a 4 panel mosaic. I have now moved to a DSLR for DSOs.

post-3186-0-89999400-1356802634_thumb.jp

I have one or two somewhere, though they're not as good as the one above. I'll see if I can dig them out. Personally if I only had one SPC900 then given the likely difficulty of obtaining a second should something go wrong I'd be loathe to LX mod it.

James

This is M13 (in case you weren't sure :)

Taken using my ST120 on my EQ3-2, unguided. 55 exposures of ten seconds each stacked but otherwise unprocessed. I don't think the target choice does the scope any favours in terms of reducing CA...

m13-2.png

James

Archived