Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eyepieces & Accessories case

hello everybody,

I've got a bunch of eyepieces and some accessories and looking for a suitable case for them. I came acorss a few such as the one below, but it doesn't seem to be enough for everything. Any suggestions?

small_case_northern_optics_1.jpgsmall_case_northern_optics_4.jpg

The other thing is, I've been looking for a case for my SW Explorer 200p. No luck so far.

Thanks!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you want a BIG eye piece case, this would be a good choice imo

http://www.maplin.co...se-large-228650

not sure about a case for the SW tho mate, most people seem to just chuck it in the back seat on some pillows and strap it in including me lol :)

saying that tho that case you pictured above looks like the maplins small case, i have the large case and it fits quite a bit in....this is my one (its on special offer at the moment, same price as the small case)

http://www.maplin.co.uk/flight-case-with-foam-36796

as you can see can fit quite a bit i think

8315887476_4290ca2c05_c.jpg

my collection so far by tingting44, on Flickr

if you want a BIG eye piece case, this would be a good choice imo

http://www.maplin.co...se-large-228650

not sure about a case for the SW tho mate, most people seem to just chuck it in the back seat on some pillows and strap it in including me lol :)

saying that tho that case you pictured above looks like the maplins small case, i have the large case and it fits quite a bit in....this is my one (its on special offer at the moment, same price as the small case)

http://www.maplin.co...with-foam-36796

as you can see can fit quite a bit i think

8315887476_4290ca2c05_c.jpg

my collection so far by tingting44, on Flickr

FANTASTIC!!! Thanks a lot mate!! I think I'll go for this one...considering also it's not really costly.

FANTASTIC!!! Thanks a lot mate!! I think I'll go for this one...considering also it's not really costly.

:D you wont regret it mate!!! top class for the money, i could not be happier, i only got my case 2 days ago, be quick tho as the special offer runs out in 3 days then it goes back up to £35

all the best mate, and look forward to seeing your new eye piece case in the future :)

:D you wont regret it mate!!! top class for the money, i could not be happier, i only got my case 2 days ago, be quick tho as the special offer runs out in 3 days then it goes back up to £35

all the best mate, and look forward to seeing your new eye piece case in the future :)

Ordered now :)

Ordered now :)

one thing when you get it, dont actually pull out the foam when you want to make a space for an eye piece etc, simply slide a knife down to make a break in the foam, then push the foam down so you can decide on the depth you want, :) just a little tip to make life a bit easier :) and if you get rid/sell anything then the space where it was simply pops back up ready to make a new space for any future bits or bobs you get :)

one thing when you get it, dont actually pull out the foam when you want to make a space for an eye piece etc, simply slide a knife down to make a break in the foam, then push the foam down so you can decide on the depth you want, :) just a little tip to make life a bit easier :) and if you get rid/sell anything then the space where it was simply pops back up ready to make a new space for any future bits or bobs you get :)

Very cool!! Thanks!

Thanks so much for sharing this. Ive just ordered one too. I took delivery of my scope a couple of weeks ago but bad weather has prevented first ligt so far. so turned my attentions to storage and this is exactly what I and probably every other scope owner needs!

Happy new year :grin:

Thanks so much for sharing this. Ive just ordered one too. I took delivery of my scope a couple of weeks ago but bad weather has prevented first ligt so far. so turned my attentions to storage and this is exactly what I and probably every other scope owner needs!

Happy new year :grin:

Great stuff!!! welcome to the hobby mate :) this is where it all starts haha you really cant go wrong with this case :) Maplins will be having a shortage soon haha, gutting you have not had a chance to get 1st light yet mate :( hopefully soon for all of us

I eventually acquired a large Very Useful Box for my 8SE, and used the original packing foam it came in.

http://stargazerslou...-celestron-8se/

I doubt there is a conveniently sized box long enough to fit a 200P available to buy off the shelf, unless you can find something in a place like B&Q, so you might think about making your own out of plywood and lining it with suitable stiff foam (perhaps using the original packing if you still have it), or look for a long thin box that might have had something else in it (hmm, wider at one end for eyepiece storage? Or maybe not...)

Even the original card box it came in could be used temporarily for car transporting.

I acually kept my 8" tube wrapped while sitting on the Eq5 mount. It seems like a good way to protect it from awkward moves and scratches...and of course my jerky moves. I managed to drop an eye piece inside the tube few days after I got the telescope. Luckily it didn't cause any damage ...

my 130p never gets packed away, but i could see it being a different story if i had say an eq mount/200/250 lol the mrs dont like my SW as it is lol she aint seen nothing yet!! wait till a year or 2 when i can afford a proper imaging setup MWAHAHAHAHA :D

oh my!!! how did you manage to drop an ep in the tube emadoussa!!! :( hope it did not damage the primary :(

Orion do soft bag cases for biggish scopes, here's a link:

http://www.scsastro.co.uk/catalogue/orion-padded-scope-cases.htm

I can't say anything for the customer service as I haven't ordered from them before or anything but they are listed on SocPopAstro's discount scheme so I suppose they are alright. They are the only place that I have found that sell them in the UK as its and Orion product...

Good job with the case btw, and thanks for the tip!

I can't believe you dropped an eyepiece down there :o It would've stopped my heart hearing the clank reverberate up the OTA!

T

Trust me, my heart almost stopped. I'm kinda of jinx with new stuff. Yesterday I received my new graphic novel and getting ready to read it I accidently kicked my tea cup and splattered tea all over the new comic :) I managed to save it with a quick treatment by the hairdryer...:)

emad your scope looks sick!!! what mount and scope is it again? is the scope the 200?

Thanks tingting44 for the Maplin's large case suggestion. I went out this morning and got one, it's just the job for eyepieces etc. The guy in the shop said they were selling well. :laugh:

Great stuff Bill!! great buy isnt it lol

I just placed an order too! They will be selling out soon no doubt! All from a single thread... :rolleyes:

nice mate!!! Maplins are not going to know whats hit them lool :D

Archived