Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Not looking good

bomberbaz

Ay, it doesn't look too good in here either.

The days have been more or less fine. Bright. blue skies with at worst low covering of whispy-morning cloud. There has only been one day this month where I couldn't observe and sketch the sun and generally the seeing has been excellent (equally on par with the white-light photo images being produced here).

On the other hand, the evenings haven't been anything to write home about. When the sun dips down clouds start to tumble in. Last week there were a few clear nights which I couldn't enjoy due to work commitments and it looks like this evening will be the last clear night for the week.

I've got my fingers crossed for Christmas week. Some gut feeling tells me it will be rather clear.

A couple of books for cloudy weather which I've enjoyed recently have been 'New Eyes on the Sun' by John Wilkinson and 'Stardust' by John Gribbin. I'd recommend them to everyone; the former if there is even a scant interest in the Sun (and by analogy stars in general) and the latter for a better appreciation of physics, biology, chemistry and the realtionships between life and the universe.

Yep, my scope is being totally neglected too and the number of new posts from me has completely tailed off.

I have had just one session in the last two months.

I thought the South-East was meant to be dry. Still, i'll take a marshy back garden over a flooded house any day of the week.

Maybe if we all do a rain dance, we will have three months of clear skies!

Archived