Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best webcam for dob

frankie

Well - I can only tell you about my experience, so a bit limited. I have the Philips SPC880 flashed to 900. I only use it for planetary, solar and lunar imaging. For the investment it is fantastic. If you can get one, I got mine a few years ago when they were readily available. I would like to move up to an imaging source camera but am struggling to justify the investment. SpaceCowboy produces some awesome images with a 250 dob and an imaging source camera. I have my eye on the DFK 21AU618.AS Colour which is about 10x what the philips plus lens adapter and Ir filter cost.

Keep a look on my webpage www.mauton.co.uk I will be adding photos in the next 24hrs of Jupiter using a 200p Dob and a Xbox webcam.

Picked it up from ebay for £5. Cheap enough for you to try and mess around with before splashing out £70+ on the phillips.

Thanks for this, just started using the Xbox live cam myself so the settings you have listed will prove useful.

Archived