Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mercury Rising

mikeyrea

Forced myself out of the scratcher at 6.15am to set up my scope on a wee hill in the middle of nowhere and was rewarded by the fantastic sight of Saturn, Venus and Mercury rising in the crystal clear Eastern sky.

My fist view of Mercury through the 200p - sure, visually it's not the most impressive of planets, but this timid gem is still a mesmerizing sight!

Forced myself out of the scratcher at 6.15am to set up my scope on a wee hill in the middle of nowhere and was rewarded by the fantastic sight of Saturn, Venus and Mercury rising in the crystal clear Eastern sky.

My fist view of Mercury through the 200p - sure, visually it's not the most impressive of planets, but this timid gem is still a mesmerizing sight!

Cool stuff :)

Have you also observed Saturn and Venus other then Mercury?

Are they looking any good at the moment?

If feasible, I'd love to give another try at imaging Saturn (regardless of its current size) since my last (and only) imaging attempt was several months ago.

Cheers.

Hi TzuiRiky

Saturn was looking magnificent - nice and sharp in my 10mm EP but a bit blurred in the 6.4mm. Was wishing I'd brought my Barlow x 2 as it might have still been sharp in conjunction with this and my 15mm. Maybe tomorrow if the bed is not just too warm and comfortable to get out of.

Venus, well, just like Venus - a nice bright disc but no rings or moons. Still awe inspiring to be looking at it though!

I managed to see Mercury through my scope earlier this year when it was visible in the evening.

I did have to drag the scope to the far side of the garden, and even then I just managed to get it in view just above my fence. I had to be quick, but it was a worthwhile effort.

Archived