Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

3rd attempt at M31, Slowly getting there

StarRaver

Morning SGL,

last night I was luckily enough to capture M31 just after sunset, I managed to capture 48 minutes worth of data before the clouds decided to bring an end to my imaging session. ( still patiently waiting for a full clear night ) :sad:

With this shot i decided to up the iso to 1600, as i was having a little trouble with tracking, and with the clouds slowly rolling in I didnt really want to waste what little time i had trying to sort it out.

This shot comprises of 48 lights at 1600iso, for 60secs, 25 darks, 25 bias, and 25 flats ( yep finaly decided it was time to start using them ) :smiley:

stacked in dss and a very quick attempt at processing, also resized and saved as png for uploading on to the site.

Hopefully when I get anouther clear night I can get some more data to try sort out the SNR, and will I will try to get some shorter exposures for the core detail.

Thank you for looking

Dale

post-21044-0-64691800-1355048166_thumb.p

Thank you Gina, I might re-process the data when i have a bit more time as the core isn't as good as it can be.

hopefully when i next get a clear night i will work on getting the core detail to add to this as well as more data for the fainter parts but i could be waiting for some time lol

Archived