Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Extreme widefield Taurus

Hi

I feel I making progress although I am very new at this. This one turned out ok. Its got a gradient that I could not remove due to clouds/fog.

It has taken some time to get good settings for the shots. Usually I overexpose the frames and when I stack them it gets much blown out. Same is true for this one I think but its better then before.

This was taken with a Nikon D600 on a tripod with a 50mm f/1.4 lens. ISO1000 and f/3.5 with 45x5sec exposure. It also has darks and bias but I might as well not bother at these settings as those images are pitch black.

The lens has terrible vignetting at 1.4 and stars are bat shaped in the corners. At f/3.5 its better though next time I will try f/4.

DSS and PixInsight.

http://www.astrobin.com/26785/

Thanks for looking, any comments are welcome!

post-26888-0-51432800-1354904180_thumb.p

I got the NEQ6 yesterday :grin: I'm trying to figure it out now. I will take it out tomorrow and see if I can align the polarscope etc during the day and maybe it will even be clear tomorrow night also!

Congratulations!

Just be VERY careful with the altitude bolts, the bend easy as butter. I just had my mod kit installed.

Archived