NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first M42

DaveGarland

Ok here's my first M42. To be honest I'm quite pleased considering my kit and location.

The only problem I keep running into though is that I seem to lose colour when using Deep Sky Stacker. The images keep coming out quite blue-ish. I've warmed this picture up in the processing but what I really want is the colour kept in. Is there a setting I can use on Deep Sky Stacker.

Thanks for looking and any advice.

Dave.

post-15373-135481553264_thumb.jpg

Looking good, only thing i would say is the sky is too red. As for DSS, there is a tick box, it may be in the save options, that allows you to save the processing settings ( if you have played with the colours in DSS).

Keiran

I find that DSS can really make images look washed out and dull after stacking (with my setup anyway), but tweaking within DSS and then post processing usually brings out the colour. In the 2nd pic, you can see the colours are there they just need teasing out.

Still it is a nice image.

Dave, did you line the histograms up in DSS? thats what i normally do, then move them across until i get a decent dark sky, then up the saturation to between 6 and 10, then tweak the levels and curves in Gimp. Give it go can't hurt any. ;)

Archived