Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ngc7635 The Bubble Nebula now in bicolour

Dave Smith

I have now added 110 minutes of OIII in 10 minute subs. There wasn't much OIII present and will not be attempting SII as apparently there isn't any.

These images are Ha, OIII, OIII in the RGB channels respectively. There are two versions because I cannot decide which I prefer.

Same arrangement as with the Ha.

Bubble-HaO3O3-03.jpg

Bubble-HaO3O3-04.jpg

Dave

Nice in the bi-colour Dave. Might be worth doing an artificial star shrinking in PS, but you are right, lots more to play with now the camera is modded.

Another feature is that on nights where the temperature drop/change is drastic between start and end of session, there will inevitably be a shift in focus, particularly on refractors, even Taks suffer from this :)

Dave, the best trick I have seen for shrinking stars comes from Ken Crawfords site.

Basically you save your image as a JPEG, open it, and use the PS filter > Distort > Pinch.

Draw a square box around the star in question, and apply the filter, adjusting box size and settings to taste.

After this copy the jpeg then paste it into the original image as a new layer, then hide the layer, and then paint the stars back in. Works a treat, no artifacts, and used by the pros :)

Hope it makes sense, check kens site for a better explanation

http://www.imagingdeepsky.com/

Cheers

Tim

Archived