Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Magic Dewshield!

Ever since I’ve started to use my dew shield my Telrad has not dewed up. At all. Not even a hint of dew.

“Obviously!” I hear you cry, “that’s what they’re for!”

“Aha!” I reply, but the dew shield I’m on about is for the scope, the Telrad doesn’t have a dew shield. But the Telrad has literally not dewed up since I’ve started putting my AstroZap on my dob!

Black magic? (or just coincidental conditions?)

Maybe using a dew shield affects the thermals around the end of the scope?

If the dew shield reduces the amount of sky the sides of the telrad can 'see' then it will work, a bit like a house will shield the flowers planted in window boxes.

Derek

If the dew shield reduces the amount of sky the sides of the telrad can 'see' then it will work, a bit like a house will shield the flowers planted in window boxes.

Derek

I'm honestly not sure, but the Telrad seems as exposed as ever really. I've got my Telrad at the "usual" place, just to the right of the finder.

It really is quite odd.

For the record too, I know the AstroZaps are considered pricey for what they are and a DIY one is definately cheaper, but it looks great and does it's job well on the secondary. I think they're worth it to be honest.

Archived