Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

usb hubs in obs?

Daniel-K

I'm surprised no one responded to to this.

I have one of these, It's the DUB-H7 7 port hub by D-Link.

http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/home-solutions/connect/usb-hubs/dub-h7-7-port-usb-2-0-hub

I highly recommend it. It has never let me down. A bit more exp[ensive than the normal run of the mill hubs, but well worth it.

Have a look at the specs.

i need a good usb hub for the obs fed up of sitting under the scope lol any recommendations as the one i got on ebay cant handle the data

Dan

I would recommend getting a powered USB hub if you haven't already. I have never known a USB hub to not handle USB data however, depending on how many devices you are plugging in will have a drain on your computers USB port power and cause devices to fail.. Computer USB ports (especially laptops) have a limited current supply and more than 2 or 3 devices can cause errors or even overload your PC's USB port and damage it. If you are able to use one that has a separate mains adapter this will ensure all your devices receive the power they need to function properly and leave the PC's USB port to deal with the data.

D-link are a reputable brand.

Having been through several hubs.........

Spend the extra few quid and get a decent brand with a suitably powered adapter. Many of even the powered hubs you see for sale don't have power supplies with enough guts to do the job intended for them.

In fact looking at the one Sailor has suggested has a 3Amp power supply so should deal with your bits and pieces. You can get higher rated ones but it depends on how many devices you are connecting. It may be worth checking to see how much current you are drawing and intend to draw in the future and decide from there.

Archived