NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M1 in Ha with bright moon

Ant

Not that I'm making excuses already, but the moon was both bright and close last night.

I have moved house recently and this was the first time I've managed to get out and set everything up. I really don't like setting up for the first time, but now that I've done it once next time will be less of a psychological barrier to me. .

I also dislike using kit for the first time, and I'm imaging using a WO FLT98 APO - which is new to me. So last night for me was a really good night.

This was my first might out imaging in 9 months. This is an image of M1 through a 7nm Ha filter. Using the H9 and FLT98.

Polar alignment was fairly non existent, I just lined the N leg using the iPad :), so there is a little field rotation in the image, but overall I'm pretty happy. Might even add some OIII and SII data over over the winter.

cheers

Ant

Nothing wrong with that :) Nice first image from your new location :) I tried imaging in Ha the other night but the moon was too much with a 12nm Ha clip-in filter.

Chees guys, there was 3 hours of data. 18 x 10 minutes.

Looking at the image on the iPad, it looks a little dark to me. But I was quite happy :) having real trouble processing my other target - M27...

Cheers

Ant

Archived