Ganymede transit animation

JamesF

Came close to getting the entire thing, but not quite :) This is an animated gif of twenty frames taken at the same time as the Ganymede image I posted yesterday. Seeing comes and goes a bit, though at no point was it that good and several sequences dropped a significant proportion of their frames due to cloud drifting through.

ganymede-transit.gif

James

Another great animation, I think this is the direction I want to go in.

For me animations are fun to do and interesting to see, but I think they're inevitably compromises. Unless you happen to be out on one of those few nights a year when the seeing is exceptional some frames are always going to be noticeably better than others as the conditions change. You could end up chasing a nice overall result for a long time.

Processing takes ages, too. I'm working my way through about twenty five capture runs from Thursday night, and have been for some time...

James

Archived