Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion Nebula with unmodified SPC900?

DBushell

As the title suggests I was wondering if it's possible to use the fabled SPC900 for something like the Orion Nebula, or Andromeda without being modded to the long exposure mod? I mean I'm not expecting amazing results, just wondering if it's at all plausible?

Thanks for the advice, I did doubt that it would pick up much since it only just picks up the stars. Will carry on with my Jupiter images since my small scope needs a big planet! Might try and find Uranus, but imaging may be pointless...other than to say I've done it!
Clear sky here tonight, hope the seeing is better than the other day!

Yes I can't wait! I was able to view Saturn earlier in the year, but this was when I was just starting out, and had no webcam or other equipment. I think I barely had a 2x barlow.

I'm very much looking forward to imaging Saturn and I'm using Jupiter as practice!

I'm very much looking forward to imaging Saturn and I'm using Jupiter as practice!

Get lots of practice :) Saturn is quite a challenge, particularly over the next few years for us northern hemisphere dwellers because it doesn't get as high in the sky as it has been. It's smaller than Jupiter and twice as far away, too.

James

Archived