Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Uranus (First attempt with ML mod)

Atlas

Captured this, first time being able to get Uranus on my live view.

Short avi of 12 seconds stacked. (about 360 frames). 3x Barlow 5x digital zoom. I know I smoked the FL on this, but I was testing the new iso and gain settings using the Magic Latern MOD for the Canons. I cranked the ISO to about 25,000 then ran up the gain w/ the multiplier to bring the noise down to iso 2500 levels.

Ran it through castrator/AS2/and Reg6. Pipp didn't like the avi at all so had to skip it.

I should get more alot more practice now, so hopefully i can pick up a moon...just taking it easy on the camera so I don't brick the sensor. (The sensor temps climb quick, so I'm keeping my vids short on far away targets.)

Also, prior to the ML mod, I couldn't get Uranus into live view at all even at 6400 iso, so this mod helps a ton.

sml_gallery_15786_2183_5519.jpg

Great image!

I guess PIPP didn't work because of the 'Minimum Object Size' control was too large, the default was 50 pixels (reduced to 25 in the latest version because of just this problem), but setting to 10 for an object such as this is usually best.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived