NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Atik 460 not being recognised by computer

swag72

Hope that someone can help.

I have an Atik 314L+ which has been running quite happily on my PC. Have just got a new 460 and so decided to install it all and get it working while it's cloudy. First snag is that I cannot get the PC to recognise it.

1) I have uninstalled Artemis and reinstalled it with the CD provided. I have ticked the drivers options.

2) I have connected the camera direct to the PC to bypass the USB hub

3) I have a message saying that the device drivers have been uploaded when I plug it in

Then that's it. Artemis will not open it, Neither will Maxim and ASCOM can not find it.

I've unplugged it and powered it down, I've removed the USB and plugged that in again.

Any ideas what next?

Would welcome some help.

Deffo sounds like a driver issue to me. if its windows....

Remove the Camera & Uninstall the drivers again, restart the PC and try again using a difffernt USB port. I dont know about ATIK's but the QHY range like the drivers to be installed before you connect the camera to the PC, try that.

Also i would try installing it to a different PC if you have access, preferable one your old camera wasn't connected to, that way you can rule out the camera being faulty if it works.

Lastly try a different USB cable rather then the one that came with the camera, they dont often fail but you never know.

Thats my two cents anyway

Archived