Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to do an animation?

Stargazer Jack

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what is the best way of doing an animation of Jupiter's moons and the planets features. Would it be doing 3 minute filming and then stacking that image and keep doing that for two hours say? Or is there another good way of making one.

Thanks in advance

Depends how much HD space you have. To get a nice smooth animation taking 3 min avis continually is the best way but if you want to maximise the amount of rotaion then spacing them out every 5-10 mins would produce a fairly smooth run over a longer period. Chris (Cgarry) posted a 4 hr rotation a few days ago. The longest I've done was 3 hrs before the HD was full.

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what is the best way of doing an animation of Jupiter's moons and the planets features. Would it be doing 3 minute filming and then stacking that image and keep doing that for two hours say? Or is there another good way of making one.

Thanks in advance

As I've posted elsewhere, here's a film I made about how I made a time-lapse film of Jupiter last year...

http://youtu.be/i9SROEO09HM

Archived