NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First light with my Flattener/reducer

Astronut1982

Hi evryone,

Friday & Saturday were both very clear so I was out until 6.30am both nights getting lots of data on M31, M42, The Rosette & North America nebulas. I need to learn how to do layers so I don't burn out the cores before I can finish M31 & M42 though.

I did however get nice images of both The Rosette & North America nebulas & thought I'd share them with you as I'm pretty chuffed with them.

The were taken with a Celestron ED80 with an Altair lightwave x0.8 reducer/flattener & an astro modded Canon 1000D with astronomik EOS CLS LP clip filter.

The Rosette nebula consists of 6 x 10min subs with darks & bias frames & the North America nebula consists of 9 x 10min subs with darks & bias frames. I tried to take flats but I don't seem to have done them right so I'll have to try again. They were stacked using DSS & were processed with PixInsight & Photoshop.

Any advice on how to improve them is very welcome.

Jeff

post-16308-0-99205800-1352726225_thumb.j

post-16308-0-33020900-1352726243_thumb.j

Thanks Bryan.

They're both very red naturally & I never altered the colour at all except to balance the histogram in PS. However, due to the astro modification, they may pick up a little extra due to the extra sensitivity to Ha but I'm unsure of that. Someone with more knowledge would need to answer that for you.

Jeff

very nice images but I have done this one too and my images did not have anywhere near as much red in them.

Mine were more towards the pinkish hue. Mine is a modded 40D with clickstop filter. I would be interested to here an

expert explanation myself :-)

Velvet

Archived