SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

An awesome night

SoulFrenzy

Me and my brother-in-law went to a field not far from the house that was reasonably dark and I had what was probably my best night viewing ever. The night started out with a gratuitous shooting star and I knew the night was going to be lucky. I saw all my old faithfuls like the Seven Sisters and Orion's nebula but what truly took my breath away was this was the first time I had seen the Andromeda galaxy under good conditions. It was mesmerizing to gaze upon. It filled my eyepiece and for the first time I could start to make out the actual structure of the galaxy. I just had to share it. It feels good to have a bit of luck and a good nights viewing.

congratulations im so glad someone is able to view things ive downloaded the Moore Marathon and not been able get my scope out for weeks, Hopefully the end of November and December will bring us all some cold crisp clear nights we astronomers can all enjoy. well done again M31 is great isn't it.

Well done on Andromeda, pleased you had a good night.

When I first started to read your OP I had a quick look at your location and saw Birmingham and without looking any further thought it was Birmingham England and wondered how you had managed a clear night. Then the penny dropped :eek:

Archived