NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Telescope pier on the bay

whooshbang

Par for the course for an 8" metal pier.

I believe this particular one is rather well thought of (and can be bought direct from http://www.astroteclimited.co.uk/ without eBay).

There were some worries a few weeks ago about whether it would continue, but those appear to be over now.

I do note the epsilon's website, another pier manufacturer, has gone blank though. www.epsilon-telescopes.co.uk

I think that is a heck of a price, I know this is not a lot good to anyone in the UK but I could get that made here for a quarter of that price. I don't think the top part looks that good either, 8 inches of pipe seems a bit OTT when you then use 3 bolts.

Alan.

They are Steel i believe.

All joking aside, If it's steel, I have to agree with the earlier post, that to have one made would be a 'enth of the price.

Ali is expensive, but steel of that diamiter (or close to it) I would imagine could be picked up.

Looking at the fittings at the top of the pier, it just looks like a rudimentery leveling setup using three bolts.

Let me go off and do some investigating, and see whats available on't web. re: fabrication.

Andy

Archived