Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telegizmos covers

Anyone else out there use Telegizmos covers? After recently installing a pier, I'm using one over the mount which is left outside at all times. When I went to use it last night, the pier top plate was covered in water. The cover seems intact so I don't think it was leaking, so could that much moisture build up over time from condensation? The EQ6 itself seemed mostly dry, a few drops of water on it, but that could be from drips when taking off the cover.

It could be condensation build up if it's been covered and left for awhile. I use the Telegizmos 365 cover over my scope and mount with no issues. I do get condensation at times but not the amount you seem to suggest. I remove the cover and air out the scope etc (weather permitting) but condensation only collects on the colder areas of the mount and the tube OTA. Electronics and optics are always clear.

If your not using the 365 cover and you have encountered quite abit of persistant rain I would personally think your cover may have let the rain seap through. Only the 365 cover is designed to tolerate all weathers.

Get some tent seam sealer and apply along the seams of the cover as this will help. Alternatively a bin liner over your cover will also work.

My 365 cover leaked once on the seam, Telegizmos sent me some of their seam sealer which cured the problem.

I opened a similar thread a few months back and soon discounted the Telegizmos covers. The advice led me to purchasing an Astro Systems scope coat, in my case a 16LX (Telescope House) which I use for my 12" dob. I already owned an Astro Systems 8" LX which is used with my SCT. I have not experienced any noticable condensation build-up with this material and design. I have recently re-proofed it - adviced to do so around every couple of years or so depending on extent of use, with a silicon weather proof spray.

I noticed a small puddle on my pier top under my Telegizmos cover a month or so after first getting it. I applied Duck Tape over all the seams on the inside of the cover and haven't had any problems since.

Archived