Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

If you need any question or help buy equipment just ask

hi there, when i was 7 i first started astronomy. I felt it was difficult buy my first telescope. I am 13 now with a 12" Lx200. I am an amateur astronomer producing articles for magazines on some intresting aspects of space. I would like to encourage more people to start taking astronomy up and join our small but growing gang. I will answer any question people have and clear skies!

Hi Ben. Ive' heard that most of the U.K. does not have completely dark skies until the winter and that at other times the sky at night is slightly darker than dusk. Is this true? Here in the NE U.S. every night of the year is dark but the lengths of darkness is shortest in June (about 7 hours) and longest in December ( about 13 hours).

Hi Ben. Ive' heard that most of the U.K. does not have completely dark skies until the winter and that at other times the sky at night is slightly darker than dusk. Is this true? Here in the NE U.S. every night of the year is dark but the lengths of darkness is shortest in June (about 7 hours) and longest in December ( about 13 hours).

Unfortunatly there isn't many dark sites in the UK, Exmoor, Kielder, Galloway are your best bets for coming over to look at the stars. It is the same around the whole world it is dark throughout the whole night but light pollution will boviously lighten it

here:

On 5-6 June (depending on where you are in the world) Venus appeared as a moving sun spot. The small planet clearly travelled around the sun. It reached its peak on the 6th and definitely put on a show. This stunning event will be back on December 11, 2117. Until then Clear skies!

(this one was a small one only for a free newspaper

Unfortunatly there isn't many dark sites in the UK, Exmoor, Kielder, Galloway are your best bets for coming over to look at the stars. It is the same around the whole world it is dark throughout the whole night but light pollution will boviously lighten it

Suffolk, Norfolk and some parts of Essex are also pretty good observing sites. Basically anywhere that is not overly populated will give great dark skies.

Archived