Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Skywatcher SupaTrak AUTO incoming!

FLO

The new 'Skywatcher Supatrak Auto' mount is on the water and due to arrive 'some time in October'.

It will be offered in two forms: The Skywatcher Explorer 130P SupaTrak and the Skymax 127 SupaTrack.

SupatrakDUO.jpg

Both telescopes offer respectable 5" apertures and already have well deserved reputations for quality and performance. The Explorer 130P version is the cheaper and is more of an all-rounder. The Skymax 127 offers greater magnification and contrast so is the better choice for lunar and planetary observation.

The mount is essentially a quieter and more heavy-duty version of the Skywatcher Autotrak and Celestron's SLT mount. It is remarkably quick and easy to set up and will follow an object for 'tens of minutes' without any fuss.

Ade Ashford's review of both setups

For many astronomers, one of these could be all the telescope they'll ever need.

Greg and I are thinking along similar lines so we have reserved one for our own use. I have always fancied a Skymax 127 and I like the way it can be separated from the mount (Standard dovetail fitting) so making the mount available for other scopes. A SupaTrack mount with the option of the Skymax 127 and a short-tube refractor would make a great holiday/camping setup 8)

Archived