Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nice doubles

bish

John,

I have tried with all my scopes and I think I have seen it, it is 10 degree higher for me don't forget. It is another one of those objects that you can nevr be sure of. I find that my LX though biggest is not the best scope to use, instead it has always seemed to be the 115mm my smallest scope that delivers what i think is the PUP.

I see it as looking into the main beam of a headlamp and trying to see the side light.

Alan.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folk at PSP were very much taken with 61 Cygni (Piazzi's), not only a double , but both are variables ( also 10 Billion years old and move a real Moon diameter in 340 years) .

Second to that came beta Monoceros, one of the best triples in the sky and easy to find.

If you want a good explore, then after Epsilon Lyrae (double double, drop down to the lhs of the "box" of Lyra. There you'll find at least 8 Struves and the double of the double double ( except these are paralell), neat,

Nick.

Archived