Water Marks on the Mirror?

So last night I finally got out with scope after about a week of constant rain. After a couple of hours there was plenty of dew of the OTA but the main mirror seemed alright, so I took everything into the garage and packed everything away. Came back this morning to collimate and saw that the mirror had a thin layer of what looks liked dirt. I was just wondering, is there any way to clean the mirror without damaging it, or if I have to leave it, will it affect the image quality at all? Heres a picture of the mirror, hope this helps :)

post-20577-0-01777200-1350129092_thumb.j

The mirrors can get very dirty before it is necessary to clean them. So dont worry to much at the moment, There are so good tips on here when you do need to clean.

One tip is to store the scope so the dew can run of the mirrors ie: Face down and leave the cover off until it has dried.

Pat

Looks clean compared to mine. If you're storing it anywhere where the temperature is going to yo yo , then get a reptile heating pad off fleabay and put it under the mirror when not in use ( you'll need to plug it in). It'll keep the long standing insidious dew away,

Nick.

Archived