Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Witch's Broom in Cygnus

Gina

From the clear night of 6th October here's my image of the Witch's Broom part of the Cygnus Loop. ED80 with focal reducer with 1100D modded and cooled to 4C, this is 41 lights of 300s at ISO 3200 plus 70 darks and 41 flats stacked in DSS and processed in PS. Resized whole frame and saved as PNG for attaching here.

post-13131-0-27935700-1349706710_thumb.p

Must say, I'm pretty pleased with this :) I think the long imaging time has really helped - best part of 4 hours. Yes, the cooling has helped in letting me use ISO 3200 without noise problems. Things should be getting better for imaging with the longer nights - as long as we get some clear ones :D

Very well done Gina great image and looking forward to some more long clear nights to come. I was out fishing last night and had the big dipper reflecting off the water, a lovely orange half moon popping over the horizon and jupiter gleaming bright in the sky. Sometimes its great to just sit and look at it all. :smiley:

Very well done Gina great image and looking forward to some more long clear nights to come. I was out fishing last night and had the big dipper reflecting off the water, a lovely orange half moon popping over the horizon and jupiter gleaming bright in the sky. Sometimes its great to just sit and look at it all. :smiley:

Thanks Mark :) Glad you enjoyed your night :) It was raining here and still is! :( Looks like little chance of any change until at least Friday :(

Archived