Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Harmonic Drive Mounts

Cath

Hi

I was browsing the net about backlash problems with mounts (my NexStar mount is absolutely terrible for it) and came across the Harmonic Drive gear method. It's a gear type that has no backlash - apparently.

Are there any mounts available that us it?

A nice video of a DIY one ..

Flippin ek lol

The friction drive (the one Olly has) seems to be the way to go then, but direct drive is also nice.

Of course I can't afford any of them, I was just educating myself really. If I could afford one I think it would be a choice between the friction drive and direct drive.

Nice to dream though :)

With that kind of capacity I could mount my leather armchair on it , sit back with the bins and just scoot around in comfort , no more stiff neck . . . :p

I've definitely seen a web page with some pictures of a chair that someone had motorised and fitted with a binocular mount. There are a few, but this one looked rather nice. I guess you just need to be careful when you're looking at something near the zenith and want to go over "just that little bit more" :)

James

Archived