Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY8L Has Landed....Sorry about the weather!!!

Hi Alan,

Great news, I have the QHY8 Pro, you won't be disappointed. I don't know how well versed you are

with the camera, but you have to set the gain and offset as per the manual. Also I would start by using

the EZCap software until you are familiar with it. There is a very good work-through on using a QHY8L

and EZCap on Astronomyshed.

Look forward to some great pics.

cheers

Steve

so whats the difference between the 2 models, apart from price that is

The main difference is that the QHY8 Pro has a progresive scan chip (ICX453AQ, same as the original QHY8) whereas the 8L has a ICX413AQ chip, which needs to read the image in two subframes.

The main difference is that the QHY8 Pro has a progresive scan chip (ICX453AQ, same as the original QHY8) whereas the 8L has a ICX413AQ chip, which needs to read the image in two subframes.

according to qhy the icx413aq chip was only used in testing, all production models of the qhy range use the icx453aq chip. http://qhyccd.com/ccdbbs/index.php?topic=799

Hi Alan,

Great news, I have the QHY8 Pro, you won't be disappointed. I don't know how well versed you are

with the camera, but you have to set the gain and offset as per the manual. Also I would start by using

the EZCap software until you are familiar with it. There is a very good work-through on using a QHY8L

and EZCap on Astronomyshed.

Look forward to some great pics.

cheers

Steve

I did the typical bloke thinig last night when i go it and didn't read the instructions so when i fired EZCAP up and there was black borders i was suicidal. A read of the manual and the overscan area soon calmed my fears. I have a full copy of Nebulosity so that will probably be my choice of software but i saw Dion's video explaining why he used EZCAP for the flats & darks.

Hasn't even bn connected to the scope yet, chomping at the bit to have proper go......

according to qhy the icx413aq chip was only used in testing, all production models of the qhy range use the icx453aq chip. http://qhyccd.com/cc...x.php?topic=799

That thread dates back to 2008 and discusses the original QHY8 model, which was the only variant available at that time. The original QHY8 went through various design changes in its lifetime.

Archived